The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems, and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Build and wire control panels to print, including lay out and physically mounting devices to back panels, wiring per print and testing the panel to ensure that it is built according to plan (Point to Point).
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Provide and maintain a filing system for instruction/repair manuals and for historic record of maintenance.
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Develop and maintain preventive maintenance schedules for all machines, vehicles, and cranes.
- Instruct operators on their preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintain a cost-effective parts inventory and provide for systematic and secure storage and retrieval.
- Develop a pool of reliable service and parts vendors.
- Repair breakdowns on a schedule that is approved by the Plant Manager.
- Maintain building and grounds.
- Make recommendations for selection of new equipment and installs, coordinating with outside contractors when necessary.